CLIVE Interview

I was told today there was a Nadhira feature Interview in CLIVE last December 2010! Thank you CLIVE for the support and having me on, wish I came across this sooner! :)


Screen captured from CLIVE online



..................................................................................................

Nadhira Nishaa
Posted 30 December 2010 at 04:01AM by Bervin Cheong.



Tell us more about yourself.
I happen to be a Malaysian who did not grow up in Malaysia. I grew up in three countries – UK, Brunei and Indonesia, but I came back to Malaysia after completing my high school and I have been living here for seven years now. Living abroad is all about meeting the different people and getting to know the various cultures, and it has been a wonderful experience. I’ll never trade it for anything else.

How did you get started in the music industry?
I’ve always been really interested in music since young. I sang a lot and I’ve been recording my own stuff since I was a kid. Though I did get sidetracked as I grew up – I worked in advertising for a little while after college, I’m now seriously focusing on my music again. I’m doing it full time now.

What’s your brand of music like?
Experience wise, it has been a little crazy. I started off playing classical music on the piano – that was my first hands-on experience with music. Then I became more involved in rock, blues and jazz. Actually during my teenage years I was playing a lot of rock songs. I guess I have experienced making a lot of different types of music. My direction now? I would say more soul and R&B

What’s your musical inspiration?
Growing up, I listen to a lot of Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston and Sheila Majid. In a way, those artistes have inspired me since I was very young to be really involved in music. Now I would probably say what inspires me most is what I go through in life, the people I meet and situations I come across. I take that stuff and transfer it to my music. You could say life inspires me.

What’s your fashion style like?
It has really evolved over time. My style five or ten years ago is different from what you see now. I used to really wear a lot of black. Yes, it made me feel really dark all the time and I got tired of it. So, I started wearing colors. Now I feel more like a rainbow and it makes me happy.

Do you think that fashion and music goes hand in hand?
Not for me. I don’t combine my music and my fashion style. I feel that its two separate things. I don’t change the way I dress because of my music. You know how when you’re younger you dress a certain way and as you get older your fashion changes? You change, your music changes, your fashion style changes. It happens separately. It’s part of how one’s life evolves I think.

Tell us about your experience being a PUMA ambassador and about filming for their Happy Hunting campaign.
Being a PUMA ambassador is awesome. It’s kind of odd seeing myself on a big poster though. Shooting the PUMA Happy Hunting video was fun but tiring. I had to arrive at the Gardens mall before all the shops were open. Then I and to run around as they filmed me. Definitely fun but really, really tiring.

No comments: