ON THE BEAT AND PATH

I have to say that last night's "Raising the Bar #6" was one of the best ones. It was to bring back 90's Hiphop and everyone was supposed to pick their favorite 90's song and bring it back to 2011!!  They covered songs from Wu-tang, Cypress Hill, Nas, Snoop, MC Hammer, Kriss Kross, Biggie, Pras, Big L, 2Pac, Lauryn Hill, Major Stress, KRS-ONE, Black Street...My cover song was SWV - Right Here (Human Nature Mix). Would it be fair to say that I WAS NOT in the right frame of mind...? lol Nonetheless, I think we all had a blast.

Moving on to the next project...
Have you ever heard of ON THE BEAT AND PATH? It's an online travel program. Our friend Steve Northcott from the band The Benchmarks, who is also a stand up comedian, does this to service his passion...Isn't it amazing? Let me ask YOU a question...what have you ever done for yourself lately and what IS your passion?

Check out his trailer! then go check out BORED OF DIRECTIVES to watch ON THE BEAT AND PATH (YouTube it!)

That's Steve for you!

I will be travelling to Phonm Penh, Cambodia next month from the 4th to 10th June to do 1 thing. Well a few other things (which I shall not mention)..but our mission is:

TO RECORD A SONG EACH DAY IN A TOTALLY DIFFERENT ENVIRONMENT FOR 'ON THE BEAT AND PATH'

Imagine:
Water, serenity, greenery, water animals, birds, insects, beautiful people, peace, culture, language. Let me sum it up with one word.

JUNGLE??? 


Yes, I will be residing in a beautiful jungle (in a beautiful villa). Imagine the creativity and inspiration we will get from just being there and how it would influence our creative process....

I went to the website of Bodhi Villa and the first thing I saw was:

"Beware, Bodhi Villa is the Hotel California of Cambodia, you never know when you're going to leave." - Some dude



How can I NOT get excited?
Check out my room! I stole this off their website.
 

I also forgot to mention that Azmyl Yunor & Vandal will ALSO be on this mission together with Gary Blanton (camera man/bassist) and Keyra (our travel photographer) and Steve Northcott ofcourse!!! 

Anyhow, stay tuned and follow me @NadhiraNishaa or us @Onthebeatandpath to see our travel updates!

Peace!!!!

No comments: