International Lefthanders Day

Taken from Voize.my from 2009 :

"August 13 is designated International Lefthanders Day by Lefthanders International. It was first observed 13 August 1976. As its name suggests, it is meant to promote awareness of the inconveniences facing left-handers in a predominantly right-handed world. It celebrates their uniqueness and difference, who are from 7 to 10 percent of the world’s population.

People who are left handed use their right brain, which appears to help in geometry, and related subjects. There also appears to be a connection between lefthandedness and intelligence. (from wiki) "

This was about almost 1 year ago. There was a competition for Lefties and I signed up and got a FREE Tune Hotel Stay in Penang. Here's what I had to say...
____________________________________________________
Nadhira- Singer 
I’m left handed. Here goes the answers for you!
a) Which leg would you kick a ball or which hand do you use a racket? I kick a ball with my left leg and use a racket with my left hands.
b) Can you write with both hands? No. I have attempted to but unfortunately i can’t.
c) Which hand do you use to open a can with a can-opener or which hand do you use a scissors? I open a can with my right hands but i use the scissors with my left!
d) If you play the guitar, which hand do you use to strum the guitar? Left or right? or both? This is really weird but i play the guitar really well but strum it with my right hands. I control the chords with the left..
Growing up and being left handed was really hard!  — until now i don’t know why my parents and school teacher tried to make me write with my RIGHT hand! When truth is, i’m a natural lefty! That was around the age of 6. By 7 years old everybody already figured that i was left-handed. I love it because it’s rare and when i meet another lefties, it’s like a common bond.

___________________________________________________________

No comments: